July 30, 2020
Dehydrated skin is a skin condition, meaning it is temporary and more easily treatable than dry skin. Often caused by external elements, such as weather or harsh soaps or detergents. Dehydrated skin is simply moisture-deficient skin with low, depleted water content. This skin condition has a loss of bodily fluids which can be a significant issue as our body depends on water for all cellular processes.
Dehydrated skin is simply moisture-deficient skin with low, depleted water content. This skin condition has a loss of bodily fluids which can be a significant issue as our body depends on water for all cellular processes.
Dry skin is typically a pre-determined skin function decided by your genes. Dry skin is caused by a lack of sebum and lipids, due to under active or smaller sebaceous glands. Less protective oil in the skin cells leave a tight, scaly and sensitive sensation for those with dry skin. It can also occur with mature clients with an under active thyroid, a hormonal imbalance, or dehydrated skin left untreated. All of these conditions inhibit the production of the natural essential oils that protect the skin.
Since water isn’t the problem in dry skin and instead lack of oil is the core issue, it can appear lackluster with no sheen or glow.
Not Sure Which You May Have?
Schedule an appointment today with any Skin Perfect esthetician for a thorough skin analysis, including ultra violet photos that will reveal what’s happening beneath your skin’s surface. Columbus 614-762-6623 or Naples 239-262-5110.
May 11, 2020
Safety & Virus Prevention Control Plan for Skin Perfect Spas
- All Skin Perfect employees have taken an infection control training course to enhance and further their knowledge of bacteria, viruses and sanitation.
- Our employees have been given a detailed infection control plan including PPE to wear during services and while on spa premises, ensuring the 6 ft. social distancing, etc.
- We have posted signage at the front desk, as well as the break room and bathrooms reminding clients, guests and employees the importance of hygiene standards such as hand washing, sanitizer, wiping down all areas, covering coughs, and hands-off policies unless in a treatment setting.
- We will do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 through in spa safety practices and in our communication to clients and guests through our channels of online bookings, phone calls, text messages, and/or email prior to appointments.
- We will pre-screen clients and employees for sickness and contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases with an online questionnaire prior to scheduled appointment.
- We will recommend clients in high-risk, vulnerable groups not get treatments.
- At client and employee arrival, we will provide a temperature reading with a temperature gun and will offer clients hand sanitizer and an optional mask upon entering the spa.
- We will maintain physical distancing in common areas. We will be staggering appointments and have curbside check in. We will request clients to text our lead client coordinator upon arrival in the parking lot outside of the building. All employees are required to wear masks in common areas. We require service providers to wear masks and a face shield.
- During treatment, we will not be offering lip masks due to potential saliva contamination.
- To prevent any opportunity of possible contact with COVID-19, we will not be doing hand and arm massages during treatments, instead we will be offering a longer neck and shoulder massage.
- We will ask clients to use hand sanitizer upon arrival, then go to the bathroom to wash their hands prior to going into the treatment room.
- Our beds will only have fresh laundered sheets and we will discontinue blanket use.
- Our hospitality and management team will be overseeing constant cleaning of surfaces, and equipment, paying special attention to high-touch areas such as door-knobs and light switches.
- We will not be using any makeup testers at this time. However, we will continue to provide custom blend foundation matching.
- Our cancellation policy will be waved over the next 60 days while we and our clients adjust to our new normal and to ensure clients do not come in sick.
- Our employees will be changing into their uniform and spa shoes once they have arrived at the spa and had their temperature checked.
- At the end of their shift, our employees will change out of their uniform and spa shoes followed by the uniform being properly washed and disinfected.
- Our guests will be offered an optional disposable mask for your visit. We will take only one client into the reception area at a time with the system of curbside check in to avoid congregation and respect social distancing. Clients finished with their treatments will be guided to when we can properly check them out. They will remain in the treatment room until reception is ready.
- All treatment rooms will have a required disinfection time, so they are properly wiped down and thoroughly disinfected between every client. Once the room is sanitized a sign will be placed in the room indicating that the room has been completely disinfected and is ready for the next client.
- We will continue to follow the direction of all Barbering and Cosmetology State Boards ensuring the mandatory cleaning and disinfection of tools and implements, areas with counter tops, door handles, treatment rooms, back bars, bathrooms, reception areas, and break room.
March 25, 2020
…with a bit of self nurture and care to feel ready to take on whatever comes your way.
- Shower everyday! It is important to maintain or even establish a structure in your day to day life. A shower refreshes your body and your senses and tells you body it is time to get in motion for the day!
- Wash your face twice a day even if you are not wearing makeup. With the cortisol coursing through all of our veins with the fear and uncertainty. Our skin will tend to be oilier, buildup dead skin more quickly, and can harbor stress acne bacteria so it is important that you washing your face is a non-negotiable!
- Let your skin breathe makeup free. This is the time to see if makeup is clogging your skin! Many of us do not have to wear makeup with switching to zoom conference calls, face times, etc. In fact, video chats with great skin is a healthy skin status symbol and gives colleagues more confidence in your self care and well being. This may be a time to review your makeup and do some spring cleaning. Quality makeup should have skin enhancing benefits so your skin can be its best with or without it!
- Be diligent about your skincare routine, and add in a weekly exfoliation treatment. In order to maintain your skin while you are unable to go to your monthly spa treatments, it is important to challenge your skin and keep it active and regenerating so your skin does not start to go backwards. We are still biologically aging and we want to keep our skin headed in the right direction!
- Integrate yoga (stretching/keeping your joints healthy) 20-30 min., meditation/deep breathing exercises 5 min(keeping your diaphragm healthy and your nerves calm, and go for a walk outside (keep a healthy dose of Vitamin D in your body through sunlight exposure). All of these physical musts keeps your immune system healthy and circulation moving through your body which allows your lymph system to function at its best!
Self care takes effort and a bit of creating a routine. Take one day at a time. Check mark your achievements and with some perseverance, regular habits, and a positive outlook, you will be able to see the good that can come out of a self quarantine!
March 24, 2020
We want to help keep your skin looking and feeling it’s best while we undergo the changes we’re all facing due to the Corona Virus. This video walks you step-by-step through an at home exfoliation treatment that you can do from the comfort of your home. It’s easy to do and will keep your skin looking bright and glowing. Stay tuned for more at-home treatments in the days to come.
All products shown in this video are available for purchase below and at our online store here https://bit.ly/2wyPOZH
March 20, 2020
Everyone is under a lot of stress during this difficult time with the COVID-19 pandemic. We can only do what is in our control to stay healthy and protected by following the guidelines of the CDC. During this time it’s important to remember to practice self-care and one of those ways is by doing at home skin care treatments. In this video, Skin Perfect owner, Jaclyn Peresetsky, guides you through step by step instructions on how to use the Nanoface Pro for an at-home nanocurrent treatment for cleansing, treating, lifting and tightening. She also shows you how to finish your treatment with an LED Light Therapy Facial Mask to further stimulate collagen and elastin production, treat acne, as well as those suffering with anxiety or depression. All products shown in this video are available for purchase at the link below.
March 16, 2020
To our Skin Perfect Clients and Friends,
As stated in our mission statement, wellness Is our top priority. We have been trying to understand how to navigate this constantly changing environment that threatens our health, safety and well-being. With the COVID-19 affecting so many across the world, it has made us all on high alert of could happen in our beloved communities. Over this past week, we have all felt the impact this virus continues to have and now we must make tough decisions to protect our employees, families, clients and community.
We decided to close our spas effective Monday, March 16th and hope to resume normal business on April 1, 2020. Our client coordinators have been working diligently to help our clients reschedule appointments and purchase products to be shipped directly to your homes. We promise to keep you up to date and informed for any additional updates. The Naples location will remain open unless we see the need to close as well.
Our Columbus spa will be checking our voicemail once a day so if you have any questions, please call us at (614) 762-6623 – Ohio or (239) 262-5110 – Naples. We are happy to ship you any products you may need. Just include what you need in your message and we will get back to you about the status of your order.
Overall, our goal is to ensure the health and safety of all those we touch and care for. Please take care of all of yourselves and your families during this time of crisis.
Jaclyn Peresetsky, Owner
Skin Perfect Spas
January 28, 2020
Written By: Jaclyn Peresetsky, founder of Skin Perfect
Most of us wear multiple masks to appear like we have it all together. Social media is a perfect example of this. Most of us only show the version of ourselves that we want to portray, not necessarily our true selves. I became overly driven doing this over the last decade and realized this game is exhausting. I learned that the outcome of a goal achieved is temporarily satisfying but that true fulfillment comes from enjoying each and every single day of my journey. Society can easily make you feel unworthy so now I practice new beliefs and behaviors that honor my new true value. Nature is what has helped me in this journey.
The awe and expansiveness of nature, and inherent beauty reminds me to breathe and be still in the moment. Have you ever looked at something in nature and thought something negative? Nature understands that growth is a process, in fact it is natural law. Imagine when a tree is planted. First, it needs to start growing roots, then extending its branches followed by leaves or flowers blossoming. Overtime, it builds character, and becomes deeply rooted in its values. It has no commitment to perfection but instead commitment to evolution. Nature was a mirror for me to see my true nature. Nature can help us all see the beauty in imperfection and finally see the light that gradually starts to glow when you love yourself.
December 18, 2019
Now Hiring – Beauty Advisor/Client Coordinator
Skin Perfect and Colore Me Perfect Cosmetics is seeking an outgoing, organized, customer service professional for our lead Beauty Advisor/Client Coordinator. This position is vital to the flow and operation of the spa and client experience and will be responsible for offering personalized services to our clients. The focus of this role assisting with all front-end operations including client scheduling, client check-in and check-out as well as helping clients choose the right cosmetics for their skin type and represent the Colore Me Perfect Cosmetics line in our Skin Perfect MD location in Gahanna. Training will be provided on full cosmetic and skin care line as well as all services provided at Skin Perfect MD.
- Oversee Colore Me Perfect products and services within Skin Perfect MD as well on occasional trade shows or product trainings
- Provide makeup applications to clients when requested
- Client scheduling
- Client check-in and check-out
- Work closely with spa management to handle customer service issues
- Demonstrate proper use of makeup and skin care products
- Identify customer needs and recommend cosmetics and skin care products based on their preferences
- Ensure proper presentation of products on shelves
- Inform customers on prices and special offers
- Replenish stock as needed
- Answer telephones
- Product inventory
- Opening and/or closing of spa
- Work closely with hospitality manager on client flow and experience
- Assist estheticians in schedule management and support
- Support ad-hoc projects and marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with management to ensure proper execution of client requests and share actionable ideas
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with cosmetic or beauty industry
- Excellent customer service
- Must be dependable, well organized, and hard working
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to handle high pressure situations
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to meet
- Desire to work in a small, entrepreneurial company, be a self-starter and be
- a valued associate
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities
- needed to ensure success
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a desire to work with the public
- Customer service experience in retail stores is a plus
- Have a strong interest in and understanding of the beauty industry
- High school diploma
- Additional education in Cosmetology or relevant field is a plus
October 8, 2019
Now Hiring – Front End Client Coordinator
Skin Perfect MD is seeking an outgoing, organized, customer service professional to lead our front-end team. This position is vital to the flow and operation of the spa and client experience. The primary focus of this role is to be responsible for all front-end operations including client scheduling, client check-in and check-out. In addition, this role is responsible for inventory management, and maintaining a clean and welcoming front reception area. This position requires extensive product and service knowledge to assist clients as well as provide occasional light makeup applications after client treatments. Training will be provided.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Client scheduling
• Client check-in and check-out
• Work closely with spa management to handle customer service issues
• Answer telephones
• Make product and service recommendations
• Product inventory
• Opening and/or closing of spa
• Work closely with hospitality manager on client flow and experience
• Assist estheticians in schedule management and support
• Support ad-hoc projects and marketing initiatives
• Collaborate with management to ensure proper execution of client requests and share actionable ideas
725 Buckles Court North, Suite 200 Gahanna, OH 43230 | (614)762-6623 | www.skinperfectspas.com
Qualifications and Qualities:
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience with spa, salon or office management
• Familiarity with skin care, cosmetic, or beauty industry
• Excellent customer service
• Must be dependable, well organized, and hard working
• Ability to multi-task
• Must be able to handle high pressure situations
• Good verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to meet deadlines
• Desire to work in a small, entrepreneurial company, be a self-starter and be a valued associate
• Be willing to roll up your sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
For more information please contact Anne Harkin (614)762-6623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 7, 2019
If you have ever tried choosing a sunscreen lately, you may be overwhelmed by the buffet of sunscreens available at any store. Sunscreen is a key product for your anti-aging arsenal and to protect your skin.
The best type of sunscreen is the one you will use! I always tell my clients that if they like the feel, smell and texture of the sunscreen then they are more likely to wear it. So, feel free to choose the formula you like best—as long as it meets the SPF minimum and is broad-spectrum. All types of formulas are available to meet the needs of your skin and your lifestyle. Here are a few things to consider for choosing your perfect formula:
- Cream formulas work well for our clients with dryer skin and for the face.
- Hypoallergenic or sensitive formulas may work well for sensitive skin. For covering areas with hair—such as an exposed scalp or a man’s arms or legs—a gel formula may glide on easier. Sunscreen sticks neatly cover ears, noses, and under the eyes.
- Gels are good for hairy areas, such as the scalp or male chest. No one wants matted down hair, so I find gels are the best solution
- Sticks are good to use around the eyes. Eyes are one of the main areas of our face that are forgotten about. The eye area is so delicate and it should be a priority to protect it as well as always make sure your wear your perfect shades.
- Sprays are sometimes preferred by parents since they are easy to apply to kiddos. Be careful to not inhale the spray sunscreens as I would imagine they are not great for lungs. The main challenge with spray sunscreens is it is easy not to use enough to adequately cover the are especially on a windy beach. Be aware to never spray sunscreen directly on to your face and instead, spray the sunscreen into your hands and then apply to your face.
- Oil-free formulas work well for oily skin or breakout prone skin. They are lightweight and fast absorbing while providing hydration.
- Sport sunscreen is non-greasy, lightweight and water and sweat resistant. The biggest benefit is it is made not stay put and not run into your eyes. The formula is designed to be heavy-duty protection while being active outdoors but still allows your skin to breathe.
- Physical/Mineral sunscreen is the classic formula of lifeguards and dermatologists. The challenge is that it used to dry white. These are formulas of the past! More modern formulas use a technology that delivers a unique dry, clear finish. The physical formula is ideal for daily use.
Remember, a convenient application guideline is to apply one teaspoon of sunscreen to your face and scalp and to each arm, and two teaspoons to your torso and to each leg. For all ages, be generous when applying sunscreen—and reapply at least every two hours and after swimming or sweating. I prefer a palmful of product is recommended to adequately cover exposed skin areas. Enjoy the sun this summer and practice safe sun!