…with a bit of self nurture and care to feel ready to take on whatever comes your way.
- Shower everyday! It is important to maintain or even establish a structure in your day to day life. A shower refreshes your body and your senses and tells you body it is time to get in motion for the day!
- Wash your face twice a day even if you are not wearing makeup. With the cortisol coursing through all of our veins with the fear and uncertainty. Our skin will tend to be oilier, buildup dead skin more quickly, and can harbor stress acne bacteria so it is important that you washing your face is a non-negotiable!
- Let your skin breathe makeup free. This is the time to see if makeup is clogging your skin! Many of us do not have to wear makeup with switching to zoom conference calls, face times, etc. In fact, video chats with great skin is a healthy skin status symbol and gives colleagues more confidence in your self care and well being. This may be a time to review your makeup and do some spring cleaning. Quality makeup should have skin enhancing benefits so your skin can be its best with or without it!
- Be diligent about your skincare routine, and add in a weekly exfoliation treatment. In order to maintain your skin while you are unable to go to your monthly spa treatments, it is important to challenge your skin and keep it active and regenerating so your skin does not start to go backwards. We are still biologically aging and we want to keep our skin headed in the right direction!
- Integrate yoga (stretching/keeping your joints healthy) 20-30 min., meditation/deep breathing exercises 5 min(keeping your diaphragm healthy and your nerves calm, and go for a walk outside (keep a healthy dose of Vitamin D in your body through sunlight exposure). All of these physical musts keeps your immune system healthy and circulation moving through your body which allows your lymph system to function at its best!
Self care takes effort and a bit of creating a routine. Take one day at a time. Check mark your achievements and with some perseverance, regular habits, and a positive outlook, you will be able to see the good that can come out of a self quarantine!
We want to help keep your skin looking and feeling it’s best while we undergo the changes we’re all facing due to the Corona Virus. This video walks you step-by-step through an at home exfoliation treatment that you can do from the comfort of your home. It’s easy to do and will keep your skin looking bright and glowing. Stay tuned for more at-home treatments in the days to come.
All products shown in this video are available for purchase below and at our online store here https://bit.ly/2wyPOZH
Everyone is under a lot of stress during this difficult time with the COVID-19 pandemic. We can only do what is in our control to stay healthy and protected by following the guidelines of the CDC. During this time it’s important to remember to practice self-care and one of those ways is by doing at home skin care treatments. In this video, Skin Perfect owner, Jaclyn Peresetsky, guides you through step by step instructions on how to use the Nanoface Pro for an at-home nanocurrent treatment for cleansing, treating, lifting and tightening. She also shows you how to finish your treatment with an LED Light Therapy Facial Mask to further stimulate collagen and elastin production, treat acne, as well as those suffering with anxiety or depression. All products shown in this video are available for purchase at the link below.
To our Skin Perfect Clients and Friends,
As stated in our mission statement, wellness Is our top priority. We have been trying to understand how to navigate this constantly changing environment that threatens our health, safety and well-being. With the COVID-19 affecting so many across the world, it has made us all on high alert of could happen in our beloved communities. Over this past week, we have all felt the impact this virus continues to have and now we must make tough decisions to protect our employees, families, clients and community.
We decided to close our spas effective Monday, March 16th and hope to resume normal business on April 1, 2020. Our client coordinators have been working diligently to help our clients reschedule appointments and purchase products to be shipped directly to your homes. We promise to keep you up to date and informed for any additional updates. The Naples location will remain open unless we see the need to close as well.
Our Columbus spa will be checking our voicemail once a day so if you have any questions, please call us at (614) 762-6623 – Ohio or (239) 262-5110 – Naples. We are happy to ship you any products you may need. Just include what you need in your message and we will get back to you about the status of your order.
Overall, our goal is to ensure the health and safety of all those we touch and care for. Please take care of all of yourselves and your families during this time of crisis.
Jaclyn Peresetsky, Owner
Skin Perfect Spas
Written By: Jaclyn Peresetsky, founder of Skin Perfect
Most of us wear multiple masks to appear like we have it all together. Social media is a perfect example of this. Most of us only show the version of ourselves that we want to portray, not necessarily our true selves. I became overly driven doing this over the last decade and realized this game is exhausting. I learned that the outcome of a goal achieved is temporarily satisfying but that true fulfillment comes from enjoying each and every single day of my journey. Society can easily make you feel unworthy so now I practice new beliefs and behaviors that honor my new true value. Nature is what has helped me in this journey.
The awe and expansiveness of nature, and inherent beauty reminds me to breathe and be still in the moment. Have you ever looked at something in nature and thought something negative? Nature understands that growth is a process, in fact it is natural law. Imagine when a tree is planted. First, it needs to start growing roots, then extending its branches followed by leaves or flowers blossoming. Overtime, it builds character, and becomes deeply rooted in its values. It has no commitment to perfection but instead commitment to evolution. Nature was a mirror for me to see my true nature. Nature can help us all see the beauty in imperfection and finally see the light that gradually starts to glow when you love yourself.
Now Hiring – Beauty Advisor/Client Coordinator
Skin Perfect and Colore Me Perfect Cosmetics is seeking an outgoing, organized, customer service professional for our lead Beauty Advisor/Client Coordinator. This position is vital to the flow and operation of the spa and client experience and will be responsible for offering personalized services to our clients. The focus of this role assisting with all front-end operations including client scheduling, client check-in and check-out as well as helping clients choose the right cosmetics for their skin type and represent the Colore Me Perfect Cosmetics line in our Skin Perfect MD location in Gahanna. Training will be provided on full cosmetic and skin care line as well as all services provided at Skin Perfect MD.
- Oversee Colore Me Perfect products and services within Skin Perfect MD as well on occasional trade shows or product trainings
- Provide makeup applications to clients when requested
- Client scheduling
- Client check-in and check-out
- Work closely with spa management to handle customer service issues
- Demonstrate proper use of makeup and skin care products
- Identify customer needs and recommend cosmetics and skin care products based on their preferences
- Ensure proper presentation of products on shelves
- Inform customers on prices and special offers
- Replenish stock as needed
- Answer telephones
- Product inventory
- Opening and/or closing of spa
- Work closely with hospitality manager on client flow and experience
- Assist estheticians in schedule management and support
- Support ad-hoc projects and marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with management to ensure proper execution of client requests and share actionable ideas
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with cosmetic or beauty industry
- Excellent customer service
- Must be dependable, well organized, and hard working
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to handle high pressure situations
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to meet
- Desire to work in a small, entrepreneurial company, be a self-starter and be
- a valued associate
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities
- needed to ensure success
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a desire to work with the public
- Customer service experience in retail stores is a plus
- Have a strong interest in and understanding of the beauty industry
- High school diploma
- Additional education in Cosmetology or relevant field is a plus
Now Hiring – Front End Client Coordinator
Skin Perfect MD is seeking an outgoing, organized, customer service professional to lead our front-end team. This position is vital to the flow and operation of the spa and client experience. The primary focus of this role is to be responsible for all front-end operations including client scheduling, client check-in and check-out. In addition, this role is responsible for inventory management, and maintaining a clean and welcoming front reception area. This position requires extensive product and service knowledge to assist clients as well as provide occasional light makeup applications after client treatments. Training will be provided.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Client scheduling
• Client check-in and check-out
• Work closely with spa management to handle customer service issues
• Answer telephones
• Make product and service recommendations
• Product inventory
• Opening and/or closing of spa
• Work closely with hospitality manager on client flow and experience
• Assist estheticians in schedule management and support
• Support ad-hoc projects and marketing initiatives
• Collaborate with management to ensure proper execution of client requests and share actionable ideas
725 Buckles Court North, Suite 200 Gahanna, OH 43230 | (614)762-6623 | www.skinperfectspas.com
Qualifications and Qualities:
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience with spa, salon or office management
• Familiarity with skin care, cosmetic, or beauty industry
• Excellent customer service
• Must be dependable, well organized, and hard working
• Ability to multi-task
• Must be able to handle high pressure situations
• Good verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to meet deadlines
• Desire to work in a small, entrepreneurial company, be a self-starter and be a valued associate
• Be willing to roll up your sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
For more information please contact Anne Harkin (614)762-6623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beautiful permanent makeup should go undetected and be as subtle as possible. We take into account thickness, arch, length and the color/pigment that will be used while analyzing your bone structure. Every detail will determine perfect shape and design for your unique face.
At Skin Perfect, we require a consultation prior to any procedure unless you are already a Skin Perfect permanent makeup client. For your safety, expectations and happiness, we have found this to be the best practice. During the consultation, we discuss shape, technique and color that would be best for your unique coloring and face shape. We also detail the steps in the procedure, including prepping prior and how to care for your new permanent makeup post procedure.
Whenever we think of roses, we always think of Valentine’s Day. The nostalgia of Valentine’s Day starts as far back as grade school, when we made valentines for friends, teachers, and, of course, our crushes.
The classic roses are always what we think of when coming up with a Valentine’s Day gift, but maybe using this classic in a different creative gift idea just might surprise your special someone!
- Rose Glow – A highlighter with a flattering hint of pink to illuminate cheekbones and eyelids is a universal gift for all skin tones. And let’s face it, women never have enough makeup!
- Rose Tie, Rose Pink Golf Shirt, Rose Dress Shirt? – Men love to be thought of on this special day, and using the chosen V-Day’s color may warm his heart.
- Rose Face Mist – Rose extract is hydrating and can be exactly what our skin needs after a night sleep when we are losing water. A rose water spritz may be exactly what your special someone needs to wake their skin up in a beautiful and loving way.
- Rose Fragrance for Him – Rose is a note that we typically reserved for old ladies and maidens. Believe it or not, there are many rose-infused fragrances for men. Often, male fragrances combine the rose accord with a woody base acting as an anchor.
I am so excited to get started on a new skin care adventure with Skin Perfect! I’d lost faith in the products I had been using and as a new member of the 40 and over club, I’d pretty much resigned myself to the fact that acne and dull skin were my destiny.
I arrived at Skin Perfect to meet Ashlee on a Saturday afternoon. I completed a more extensive than normal questionnaire for a spa and I was off to start the skin evaluation. Ashlee cleansed my skin and removed the miniscule amount of make up I managed to throw on between my workout, shower and race out the door. We then went back up to the front of the spa for “pictures.” Although I was unprepared, this is where the amazing begins at Skin Perfect.
I set my face inside a small white box, right next to a few very powerful appearing light bulbs. She told me to close my eyes and hold still until I saw the flash that looked like a bulb burning out. It was quick and painless, but what followed, not so much. Before I knew it, I was examining two photos of myself, both of which revealed the not so pleasant truth about my skin. Starting with the good news, the collagen and elastin in my face is at a good level. That means fewer lines and wrinkles. There was less bacteria then I expected, considering the regularity of my breakouts. Next, we looked at the red areas that started at the bridge of my nose and finished at the bottom of my chin. She told me that is inflammation and was the result of the products I’d been using. Finally, we looked at the brown spots that littered my t-zone. Undeniably sun damage. It was not as bad as I was expecting, but still very unsettling to see. The most interesting thing the photos revealed was that my skin is completely dehydrated. Ashlee saw this almost immediately. Dehydrated and breaking out? And 40? Yep.
We proceeded back to the treatment room to get started. Step one was dermaplane. If you’ve never had it, text me and I will send you Ashlee’s number. Although it might sound a bit daunting to have an esthetician run a scalpel across your face, it is completely worth it. When she was done, my skin was softer and smoother than it was on the day I was born. If you are a skin care junkie like me, you’ve tried every product on the market in attempts to find that perfectly exfoliated face. It is a delicate balance between soft and smooth and turning into a roma tomato. Dermaplane is, by far, the most amazing exfoliation out there. Ashlee removed the top layer of skin cells, which disproved part of my self diagnosed skin destiny: glowing skin…on my face.
Extractions were next. If you, like me, are 40+ and breakout on a regular basis, you feel my pain. The moment I walked though the doors of Hastings Middle School, my skin started breaking out. And it hasn’t taken a break since. My sixty something mother frequently tries to “make me feel better,” by telling me she still breaks out from time to time (misery loves company, right?) and by reassuring me oily skin means fewer wrinkles (so we can budget less for Botox). Before Ashlee got started, we discussed milia. Those pesky white spots that appear to be a breakout, but are really a collection of yuck under your skin. If you’ve ever tried to remove them yourself you know, its not easy and it doesn’t ever end well. I have quite a few. After two tough extractions by the professional, we decide to wait and see if the others take care of themselves with the combo of dermaplane and new products.
The final step is a quick pumpkin enzyme peel that tingled in a great way and did not cause a house fire on my face! From there, Ashlee took me to the front of the spa where she pulled and explained my new skin care regime (new products!) and sat me down for a quick off with mineral makeup done by the cosmetic manager. Who wants the rest of the world to know they just had a facial? I don’t. And neither does Skin Perfect. So the dust off is included with every treatment. As soon as the dust off was complete, I was off.